Britax First Class plus is ideal for:
- Babies from birth to 13kg when used rearward-facing
- Infants from 9kg to 18kg when used forward-facing
- Parents or grandparents who want to buy one seat that will be suitable for several years
- People who transport children of varying ages
Key features of the Britax First Class plus
Britax First Class Plus can be used rearward from birth or forward-facing when you child is able to sit upright unaided.
Fitted with the Click & Safe audible safety system so you know the harness is on correctly.
Chest pads control movement by spreading forces evening over your child?s shoulder and chest, whist providing additional comfort.
Rearward facing from birth
Rear-facing seats are the safest way for babies to travel as their bodies are entirely cocooned by the shell of the car seat in this position. In the event of a frontal collision, the risk of injury is greatly reduced as the forces caused by the impact are distributed more evenly over the child?s back and the cervical spine is put under considerable less strain. Used rearward-facing, the Britax First Class plus offers an extended recline position so your baby can lie flat, whilst a cotton newborn insert with headrest makes creates a more comfortable sleeping position.
Forward-facing from 9kg to 18kg
You should only move to using the forward-facing option once your child is able to sit unaided with confidence--don?t rush to move your baby into this position as they can remain rearward facing up to 13kg. When they are ready to face forwards, the Britax First Class plus will provide a safe and comfortable seat for your toddler with five recline positions that can be adjusted without disturbing them.
The importance of side impact protection
1 out of 4 car accidents is a side collision and side collisions are responsible for 20% of child car crash fatalities, so with this in mind, all Britax seats provide Side Impact Protection. The deeply padded side wings of the Britax First Class plus offer optimum body protection and full head containment. During sleep and rest, they support your child from the sides and help keep your child in the correct position. In the event of a side collision, the side wings absorb the crash energy, reducing the impact on your child.
Five-point harness for a secure position
Britax advocates children remaining in a properly positioned five-point harness for as long as possible. The King plus has an integral harness with five attachment points: two at the shoulder, two at the hips, and one between the legs, ensuring your child remains securely in the seat. The harness can be adjusted with one pull.
Why buy a multi-group seat?
Multi-group car seats are adjustable and grow with the child. Britax has taken multi-group seats to new levels of safety and comfort, so they have become a good choice for many parents, grandparents and those regularly driving children of varying ages.
When should you change the seat?
For safety reasons, you should keep your child in each stage for as long as possible ? until they reach the weight limit or the head reaches the top of the seat. This is especially important for babies as rearward facing seats offer the safest way of travelling.
Full feature list
This list of all the safety and comfort features should help you decide if the First Class plus is the right car for your child and your requirements.
- Rearward and forward facing
- Unique pitch control system reduces forward movement in the event of an accident
- Performance chest pads
- Five recline positions
- Newborn insert is 100% cotton providing extra comfort and support for your baby, and can be used from birth to 8kg
- Extended recline position and newborn insert create a more natural sleeping position
- Spring loaded belt locking mechanism allows easy installation
- Side Impact Protection with deep, softly padded side wings
- Slim base for a better fit in sculptured seats
- Two seat belt routing options (when forward facing)
- Harness retainers make it easy to get your child in and out of the seat
- Quick-remove cover without interfering with the harness
- Softly padded and washable cover
- Three-point seat belt installation
Recommended Age:From Birth up to 18kg. (Approx 4 years old)